Monday, March 2, 2009

Frustrated!!!

OK. I have a body toning class that is right after lunch that is for girls only. One would think that someone who signed up for this class has the intentions of getting their bodies more in shape and toned. WRONG!! This has to be some of the laziest girls I have ever come around. HELP! This group is mouthy, most are overweight, a few smoke, about 4 are tardy everyday, unathletic, etc. I am looking for ways to get these girls motivated because I have run out of ideas. If there are any good ideas out there let me know!!!

3 comments:

  1. Tough crowd! Did you have them set their own goals? How about running it like a weight watchers or TOPS meeting with a lot of positive encouragement. These girls seem to me that they may have poor body images. Maybe incorporating rewards like having a lesson on make-up application or a "What Not To Wear" style fashion lesson - anything "girly" that would be a sleep-over kind of fun thing as a reward for their participation would help motivate them. Can they customize their own workouts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls are different in many ways. There is one group that smokes and likes to party. I asked them why they are taking the class and they mentioned that it was just for the credit. I will definately think about your ideas. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! They sound pretty challenging. Maybe you could use one or two days to discuss the health and physical benefits people (they) will experience resulting from exercise. Additionally, I remember my PE teacher in high school was always pumped up and excited about what class...it was probably an act some days, but I think it helped get some of us motivated and buy in to the fact we were doing something fun and GOOD for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete